CM-1500 Portable Attic Insulation Machine / Blowers
We are very excited to own our Cool Machine 1500 Model here in Alaska. To date, two different contractors have used this machine and each one raved about it. Im not used to folks in the insulation industry getting so excited about doing such hard work! I love it! The cool machine is powerful, easy to use and operate and makes a tough job much easier. One of my favorite parts though, is working with Barry, he has the best customer service I have seen in years. Barry is responsive and knowledgeable. The customer can tell that he cares about what he does and it is not just a business transaction. That means a lot to me in todays market. We have recommended him and the Cool Machine to three other contractors already. I like the sturdy design of the unit and when people talk about it they dont even notice that they say, That is a really cool machine!
Margaret Subers of Alaska Building Science Network
Barry, We purchased a CM1500 in mid July of 2011. It performs just like you said it would. It is a solid hard working addition to our bottom line. We will definitely purchase from your company on our future needs and upgrades.
Thanks, Robin Hudson VP Weathers Refrigeration
Barry, Just wanted to drop you this email to thank you for all your help. The CM 1500 that you said would do the best job for what I needed at this time is working fantastic. A well built machine, I’m glad I went with this one. The help that I needed after the sale is what I really like, not to many business people do that, great Job! I will recommend you to others.
Thanks again, John Von Eper, Owner, Wylie Insulation, Wylie,Tx
The CM-1500 gives impressive production rates versus cost in the insulation machine industry. If you want mobility with low power requirements and high production, then this is for you. In-fact, it will take you closer to higher production of large machine capabilities. Insulation was never been so easy but this gives you freedom to cover your quick production needs.
The many options (blowers, input power, wheel package), offer choices to the small contractor that require versatility, production, and low maintenance in a high endurance machine. (scalping augers /shredder) A Great Choice for the Weatherization Contractor.
Videos on the CM1500
|THE EASE OF MAINTAINING AND REPAIRING A CM700 & CM1500
This video, in English and Spanish voice over, shows the simplicity of accessing the internal workings of the CM1500
|AN ENTHUSIASTIC CUSTOMER USING A CM1500 TO DENSE PACK
The CM1500 provides up to 5psi dense packing power (more than the required 3.5psi). Watch how one of our customer uses the CM1500 to pack a new construction wall using Insulweb. They measure the density using a tool they invented. The CM1500 has an airlock gauge that provides an accurate pressure setting.
|THE CM1500 HANDLING COMMERCIAL GLUE SPRAY APPLICATION
K-13 cellulose is applied over 2 of foam. The metal roof of this commercial building, located in Battle Creek, Michigan, is treated with 2 of polyurethane foam. K13, an acoustical / fire-resistant cellulose insulation is glue-sprayed on the foam to provide a nice, noise reducing environment.
CM1500 (left) Manufacturer, Dave Krendl (center) CM700 (right)
- For faster access to airlock it has quick release hopper with easy handling and transport.
- To better control of your fiber it adds slide-gate controller
- For long lasting finishes with corrosion resistance it uses high quality powder coating.
- Manual thermal overloading protection.
- Quick release auger provides easy access to airlock seal replacement and service.
- Slide-gate control provides precise control of fiber.
- Dual scalping augers /shredders increase fiber conditioning while providing consistent flow.
- #40 nickel plated chain and hardened sprockets, are rugged, and corrosion resistant.
- One or two integrally mounted 2 or 3-stage blowers w/check valve and filter protection.
- Modular design with see-thru access panel for quick troubleshooting and maintenance.
- 100 ft. dual function (3-position) remote cord w/cord hanger, offers control and convenience.
- It has extensive safety features. sill switch and manual override controls promote increasing operator safety and quick hazard response.
- For accessory devices it includes duplex auxiliary outlets.
- Deluxe voltmeter for quick electrical diagnostics and low voltage protection of motors.
- 1-Blower: 265 lbs
- 2-Blower: 285 lbs
- Extruded steel
- 10″ long x 14″ diameter
- 3″ output for blowing hose
- Quick release auger for access to airlock seals
- Single input, 15/20 amp 120 volt single blower
- Double input, 15 amp 120 volt double blower (8 amp & 12 amp 230 volt / 50hz, for export)
- 24 W x 32 L x 42 H
- 8.4 dia., 140 CFM, 13 amp. Magnum super blower provides higher blower output capacity with double the service life
- One,3-stage (120volt 12.5amp.)
- Two,3-stage (120volt 12.5amp.)
- 15cu/ft. (3 bags of cellulose; 1/2 bag of fiberglass)
CM 1500 Production RatesMaterial: Different materials may produce varying results.
Lbs p/hour: Based on industry-wide standards of 100' hose with 12' rise
Bags p/hr: Standard bags (lbs noted by material)
Sq Ft p/hour: Based on R-19 depth
Sq ft p/hr
|Cellulose (22 lb bag)||2200||100||5,000|
|Fiberglass (32 lb bag)||900||28||3500|
|Rockwool (30 lb bag)||1400||47||1750|
- 5,000 watt or larger/ 1 blower
- 7,500 watt or larger/ 2 blower
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the CM1500 able to insulate 3 homes a week (2,500 square feet)? Yes. This machine will provide consistent, reliable service at that level. If you insulate apartments, commercial buildings and large areas consistently, this machine will work, but consider a CM2400.
- How does the CM1500 perform with dense packing walls? This is a great machine for dense packing. For best performance, the 12 amp motor consistently provides 4-5psi which is an excellent and capable machine for dense packing.